1. Information We Collect
We collect certain types of user information when you visit or interact with our website and services. The information includes:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, or phone number) provided voluntarily through our website contact forms or email subscriptions.
- Information provided when you voluntarily take part in surveys, promotions, or marketing campaigns.
- Activities, preferences, and other relevant information collected through cookies and similar technologies when you browse our website.
- Location data, including approximate geolocation information if you allow that on your device.
2. Use of Collected Information
The information we collect is used to:
- Process and reply to your inquiries, messages, or requests.
- Personalize and improve your experience on our website.
- Administer promotions, surveys, and market research activities.
- Monitor, analyze, and gain insights into user behavior to enhance our services.
- Comply with legal obligations and applicable regulations.
3. Data Protection Principles
- Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency: We process and handle personal data legally, transparently, and with fairness.
- Purpose Limitation: We only collect personal data for specified purposes, clearly stated in this policy.
- Data Minimization: We ensure that the collection of personal data is adequate and relevant.
- Accuracy: We strive to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date.
- Storage Limitation: Personal data is stored only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: Adequate security measures are implemented to protect personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- Accountability: We internally follow policies and procedures to demonstrate our compliance with privacy obligations.
4. User Rights
As a Chatime Montreal user, you have various rights concerning your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Correction: You can request correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Objection to Processing: You can object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or direct marketing efforts.
- Restriction of Processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us using the information provided at the end of this document.
5. Data Security
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks associated with the data we process. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Please note that any transmission of data over the internet is done at your own risk. We encourage you to take steps to protect your personal information and to use strong passwords.
6. Third-Party Data Sharing
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- With your consent, for the purposes specified at the time of consent.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations or provide requested services.
- To comply with legal obligations, enforce our policies, or respond to lawful requests.
- With service providers or partners solely for the purpose of carrying out the services they provide to us.
- In aggregated and de-identified form for analytical or marketing purposes.
When third-party sharing of personal data occurs, we ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your information.
7. Google Analytics
8. Overseas Data Transfers
While most of the personal information we handle remains within the jurisdiction of Canada, it is possible that some data may be transferred to, stored in, or processed in other countries. Where such transfers occur, we ensure that appropriate safeguards and mechanisms, such as contractual clauses or adequacy decisions, are implemented to comply with relevant data protection laws.
9. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is crucial to us. Our services are not specifically directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal data from individuals below this age without parental consent. If you believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal data from a child without proper consent, please contact us so we can promptly delete such information.
11. Contact Us
Chatime Montreal 123 Example Street, Montreal, Canada [email protected]
Last updated: 09-Oct-2023